Friday, March 28, 2014

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken

I LOVE crockpot dinners :) I found a recipe similar to this one on Natalie Hodson's website but changed a couple things to satisfy the flavors I enjoy. Crockpot recipes are great because they can be quick, easy, and healthy. And the best part is you don't have to stand there and cook it, which is a plus for everyone. I also really love this one because it can go with so many different things! Sometimes I will put it in a wrap, on a salad, over wild or brown rice, or use it for lettuce wraps. I am sure there are plenty of other things you can eat it with as well. Try it out and let me know what you think and how you used it. Oh and one more thing, you can also freeze it to have it ready for another day. 

Ingredients
3 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1  16 oz Container of Low Sugar Salsa (I use Kirkland Organic Salsa because it doesn't have much sugar)
1 14.5 Oz Can of no sodium diced tomatoes
1 Can low or no sodium tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon Paprika
1/2 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tablespoon fresh or dried cilantro
1/2 Lemon, squeezed

Directions:
Trim any fat or undesired pieces off chicken breasts (thawed). Add chicken breasts and all other ingredients to crockpot. Stir so chicken is covered. Put lid on and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. You can serve it shredded or however you like.



No comments:

Post a Comment