Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My Legs Are Burning

Ok, I am posting this one because it is the exercise I did this morning and it seriously worked my legs! And was a great way to get my heart pumping.
Working out your legs and developing the muscles on them is such a great way to burn fat and calories. Because these muscle are so big, they take a lot of energy to workout and they generate a lot of heat. If you are looking for a great way to tone up your legs and increase your metabolism, I recommend this workout. Just remember that it can be adjusted to fit personal needs and fitness levels. If you are more advanced than me, increase the reps and use a heavier weight. If you are just getting started or aren't used to these moves, decrease the reps and use a lighter weight or not weight at all.
**For Circuit 3 click here for instructions and pictures.**
Now, go burn those legs!

Circuit One:
15 Side Lunges with kettle bell, each leg (I used 10 lbs)
1 minute Jumping Jacks (put lots of effort into those jumps!)
20 Plie or Sumo Squats with kettle bell (I used 10 lbs)
Rest for 40 Seconds
Complete 3 Rounds

PhotoCredit: mummafit.com
Bulgarian Lunge
Circuit Two:
15 Bulgarian Lunges, each leg (you can hold a weight or balance with your arms out in front of you)
20 Scissor Jumps
Rest 40 Seconds
Complete 4 Rounds

Circuit Three:
15 Leg and Arm Raises with kettle bell (I used 10 lbs but don't use any if it's your first time) Click here for instructions
15 Pulse Ups with kettle bell (I used 10 lbs)
15 Bicycles with kettle bell (10lbs)
10-12 Stability Ball Crunches
30 Seconds Mountain Climbers
Rest 1 Minute
Complete 4 Rounds

Circuit Four: This is the cardio part of the workout
8 Rounds of Tabata
10 Seconds Slow/Moderate Pace
20 Seconds High Intensity Pace
*I did this on my spin bike, you can do jump roping, jump squats, running in place, running around a track or pretty much anything that will work as cardio. This is an important part of this workout so don't skip it! Do your best, it is only 4 minutes.

And Stretch!
Make sure you stretch your hip flexors, hamstrings, glutes, quads, and back
Here are some common stretched I do after this workout















No comments:

Post a Comment