Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Chocolate Nutter Cups

I love chocolate! Seriously though, I do. One time I ate so much in one day that I got very sick (we won't go into details) that it was called "chocolate poisoning", just not a severe case of it. Granted the chocolate I did eat was raw and 100% Pure Cacao...but anyway, the point is, I LOVE chocolate. There is one problem with most chocolate bars though, either they are full of a bunch of crap (most of which I can't pronounce) or they are full of sugar (specifically refined sugar or corn syrup). I don't want to put those things in my body, but I still want to enjoy some chocolate every once in a while (not everyday, even though sometimes I want to haha). Then there's the fact that raw or "healthy" chocolate bars are ridiculously expensive. So I decided to make something that would satisfy my chocolate craving and at the same time not contain all the junk.

Watch out though! They aren't low in calories or fat and they do have sugar (if you use maple syrup). I wouldn't advise sitting and eating an entire one of these, as tempting as it may be. A half of one is more than enough. I made some with almond butter for me and some with peanut butter for my husband. I can't eat peanut butter, but I am sure they are just as good as mine! So when it comes to the nut butter you use, you can really choose any that you want, hazelnut, cashew, almond, peanut, you get the picture. If you love chocolate as much as me, go and make these and let me know what you think :) 

Ingredients
  • 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
  • 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa or Cacao Powder
  • 1/4 Cup Almond Butter (you can also use peanut butter or any nut of your choice)
  • 3-4 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup (to cut calories you can use liquid Stevia or Truvia and do one drop-full)
  • Small Pinch of Salt (I forgot to add this to mine, so it's not a big deal if you don't add it)

Directions:
Heat Coconut Oil and nut butter until melted and mixed well. Add cocoa powder, maple syrup and salt, stir until combined. The batter is supposed to be a somewhat thick liquid.
Place cupcake liners in muffin/cupcake tin. Scoop/pour batter into lined tin. Freeze for 30 minutes or until solid. Eat and enjoy!

I ate a bite of one, which is why it looks like that

I added a few semisweet chocolate chips
to the top of this one :)


Left side is peanut butter, right side is almond butter
This is one of the peanut butter ones




































No comments:

Post a Comment