Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My Workout Buddies

Everyone likes a workout buddy right? Whether it's TV, an actual friend, Ipod or music on your phone, or something else, I am sure you have some sort of buddy that you workout with.

I have more than one workout buddy, and I switch them up almost every day. For me they are animated or Disney movies :). I have a really hard time working out to just music in my ears, and watching TV either takes too much thought/isn't available/or isn't entertaining enough. I also usually workout from home, so having an actual friend with me doesn't work. I didn't realize before that these movies were perfect for me to workout with! One day I just decided to watch Tangled while working out and the workout went by so fast that I was hooked. I don't know what it is, but I am able to handle more intense workouts when I watch these kinds of movies. After my discovery, I started watching Despicable Me (1 and 2), Emperor's New Groove, The Croods, and now that Frozen is out, it has been added to my schedule as well. It's kind of silly but it has to be a movie like those I named or it doesn't work.

This may not have the same effect for everyone. Some people can't watch a show over and over again, but I can. Must be the little kid inside me coming out. And now that I have established this routine with my buddies, it is actually quite difficult for me to exercise without them! This morning I worked out to Frozen for the 4th time in the last 10 days haha call me crazy but it works for me.

When it comes to working out, you really do need to find what suits you. Exercise isn't supposed to be miserable, so find something that entertains you enough to keep you going. Find your motivation, even if it is silly like mine, and stick with it.


2 comments:

  1. Since all my workouts are from home now unless i am on a run, i watch the food network. Its weird and makes me hungry but its my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it's like I said, you just need to find what works for you! I love the Food Network too :) it makes me want to cook and bake haha

      Delete