Thursday, April 3, 2014

Amazing Low Carb Crepes

So this morning I was really craving crepes. I didn't feel like eating my usual protein shake, but I still wanted something that would satisfy my crepe craving but be high in protein. I remembered a recipe I saw over a year ago and decided to try and replicate it. I could not longer find the original recipe so I played it by memory and it worked out great! They are fast and only take a couple ingredients. Try them out and let me know what you think!



Ingredients:
5 egg whites
1 Tablespoon Almond Flour
2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

Directions:
Whisk all ingredients together. Heat up stove/iron. Melt 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil on iron to keep them from sticking. Pour a scoop of batter on hot pan/iron. Cook on one side for 4 minutes or until light brown, flip and cook the same on that side. Top with topping of your choice. Remember not to add sugar. I like to put a small dab of almond butter, drizzle honey, and add a few slices of bananas to mine. Sometimes I will even add a small dab of vanilla unsweetened coconut yogurt. These do taste more eggy than regular crepes but I love them!


mmm..So Yummy

Let it get light brown







No comments:

Post a Comment