Thursday, February 6, 2014

Power Yoga Unplugged

Photo Credit: etsy.com
One of my Exercise Science teachers decided to surprise us with a 1 1/2 mile run out in the cold yesterday morning. It was to determine our aerobic health. If you know me, you know that I DO NOT enjoy running. Maybe it's because every time I do run, it is an assignment or punishment (maybe I need some positive reinforcement). Needless to say, it was cold and a bit miserable. Luckily I had my good friend Jordan running with me...he is a marine...and didn't break a sweat or breathe heavy. Nothing like that to make me feel like a wuss! ;) So even though it was supposed to be my "rest" day I decided to end the day with one of my favorite workouts...

Last night I went to Centered City Yoga in Salt Lake City with my beautiful friend Lizzie. It was so wonderful! My last time doing yoga was in December, so it was a great reunion. If you haven't tried yoga yet, DO IT! It's a great balance workout and is great at relieving neck and back pain. But don't be surprised if you're sore the first couple times :) it's still working your muscles. I also find it a great core strengthening workout. It releases stress and teaches you how to breathe. And....
Great news! If you've never been, most places are free your first time! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, I found you through Clare V on facebook. Your transformation is amazing! Could you add me on facebook? I want to talk to you a little more in depth. :)

    ReplyDelete