Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Strength Training and Some Yoga

Thank you to everyone that viewed my last post :) I really appreciate it and I hope it was helpful! I know how exhausting motherhood can be, and we often times put our own health on the back burner, so I really hope these exercises will help you.

I bet a lot of you, like me, have a hard time finding a time to do the workouts. I have found that doing it during one of Lottie's cat naps is best for us. If she wakes up I just hold her on my rest periods, and when I get more strength I will be able to hold her while I do the lunges and squats (that's an option for some of you that have already been working out for a bit).

What are some times/ways you have been able to work exercise into your schedule?

I know it can be hard, but lets keep with it! Today is toning/strength training workout. I hope you like it!
*Always remember that good form is the most important thing!!
You can start and finish with the yoga poses below.

Round 1:
5-10 Pushups, quality over quantity
10-15 Bicep Curls, use a good sized weight
10-15 Tricep extensions
Rest 1 Minute
Repeat 3 times

Round 2:
30 seconds Jumping Jacks
10-20 Narrow Stance Squats
30 seconds Mountain Climbers, see how to here.
Rest 1 minute
Repeat 4 times

End with some yoga stretches such as these (try to hold each one for 30-45 seconds)









No comments:

Post a Comment