Thursday, August 14, 2014

Recap and A Pregnancy Workout

Hello there everyone! How are things going?
I am so sorry I have been MIA for soooo long. I figured it was time that you all know what has been
5 Months Pregnant
going on with me.
First of all I am pregnant :) yay! We are very excited about this and are looking forward to meeting our little girl. I am just over 5 months now so it's cruising along.
Second of all, my first few months of pregnancy were really difficult. The first trimester (from about 6-14 weeks) I was so sick all the time I could barely do anything but lay in bed. This was really hard for me because I am a fairly active person and my body craves exercise. Anyway, I spent a couple weeks getting IV's 3 times a week because I couldn't keep anything down, I lost 20 lbs, and became pretty weak. But I am doing so much better now! It was a really hard couple months but I am grateful for this opportunity to be a mom. I am also grateful that I was in shape when I got pregnant. I feel like the muscle mass and strength that I built really benefitted me and the baby.
So, lesson from all of this? Nutrition and exercise BEFORE you get pregnant are SO important. My body went through quite an ordeal, but I am glad it started out strong.

I have to confess that most days are pretty difficult when it comes to working out. I'm not used to not being able to do as much.  I really have to take it slow. It is important when you are pregnant that your heart rate does rise too much and that you keep your breathing pretty steady, so I really have to focus and be careful. Then there's the fact that I don't have much energy these days (which makes sense seeing how my body is making another human being) so there are quite a few days where I just don't have it in me to workout.

Bottom line, pregnancy is hard, but being fit before hand REALLY helps.

I did want to share with you one workout that I have been doing that seems to keep my body in check and help my back not hurt as much. It is similar to other workouts I post but way less intense. If you want to ramp up the intensity all you need to do is add more reps and some burpees, mountain climbers, or squat jumps :) but for me it is good enough.

Modified Workout For Pregnancy
Super Set 1:
20 walking lunges (10 each leg)
20 Narrow stance squats (go low)
15 Plie Squats
Rest for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes
Repeat 3 times

Super Set 2:
10 Bicep Curls
10 Tricep Extensions
5 Pushups (I struggle with these right now)
Rest for 1 to 1/2 minute
Repeat 3 Times

Super Set 3:
Side Planks 15 seconds each side
Middle Plank 30 Seconds
Wall sit 30 Seconds
Rest 1 to 1 1/2 minutes
Repeat 2 to 3 times

Stretch really well and there you go!!





No comments:

Post a Comment