Wednesday, January 29, 2014

High Intensity Interval Training

Make sure you have good shoes!
Todays Workout, Jan. 29, 2014
It was a cardio day! I used to have a hard time when it came to cardio. I am not a runner, nor am I good at long distance. I am better at quick movements and I prefer workouts that are quick but still make me sweat and work hard. The following exercise does just that!

Today I did High Intensity Interval Training.
I didn't go to the gym. I stayed at home, and so can you!
You can also do a workout like this without a bike.

Warm up- get your body moving and warmed up, you don't want to just jump into it!
I alternate between the following to make sure my legs are warmed up. It is usually 3-5 min
  • Jumping jacks
  • Front leg kicks
  • Front squats 
With the following workout you can do a number of cardio moves. 
I just love my bike!
If you aren't riding a bike or running make sure to alternate between 3 or 4 different exercises.

Exercises:
  • Mountain Climbers
  • Burpees
  • Jump Squats
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Knee Highs
  • Jump Rope

Tabata Intervals

This one is a tough! But it is good and only 4 min long with 8 rounds.
  • 10 seconds at moderate pace
  • 20 seconds as hard and as fast as you can go!
Sprinting Intervals (doesn't have to be running!) Chose the moves mentioned above and alternate between 3 to 4. Do 12 to 20 rounds.
  • 30 seconds moderate to slow pace (if running or biking) or just moving slightly in place
  • 30 seconds of high intensity sprinting pace

Abs
3 rounds. 30 seconds to a minute rest between rounds
Way to go!

  • Leg raises (either from a pull up bar or lying on the ground) 10-15 reps
  • Side plank raises 15 reps on each side


Stretch really well and you're done! I don't know about you but I sure was sweating and it got my heart rate up! :) See you tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. I ride the stationary bike at the gym. I really want to learn weights. I'm excited to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great! I am glad you are following my blog :) I hope you enjoy it. I will be posting some actual weight training workouts soon so stay tuned and stay active!

    ReplyDelete